In the ever growing funeral industry, there is one new concept which is gaining immense popularity. It is funeral insurance. Much similar to the concept of funeral pre-planning, funeral insurance is a kind of insurance where small payments are made today to cover the funeral costs at the time of death.
Just a fixed amount of money that can cover your funeral expenses are kept aside that can be later on used by your family members to meet the funeral expenses after your death. Even though this kind of insurance policy is very useful, many people are still not aware of its benefits.
Funerals are expensive. After the death of a person, there are so many things associated with planning a funeral for which the family members of the deceased need to make payments at a very short notice. At the time of mourning, family members are not in the state of mind to think rationally and make the right decision. This often results in spending more money than necessary. Also things can become really bad, if the family members do not have any idea about from where the money can be arranged. However, these things can be easily avoided with a funeral insurance policy. With a funeral insurance policy, family members do not have to worry about the money associated with planning a funeral.
There are other benefits of funeral insurance also, such as:
- Immediate family members can have easy access to the funds following the death of a person. When you go for funeral insurance, the money is immediately accessible at the time of need. There is no need for long paper works and the whole process is simple and less complicated.
- Depending upon your monthly expenses, your savings and so on you can select an appropriate funeral policy. There are different types of funeral insurance policies available in the market. You can choose one that caters to your needs.
- You can also choose a particular type of funeral insurance in accordance to your funeral pre-planning options. This means you can purchase funeral insurance that is associated to the funeral home with whom you have signed a pre-funeral planning contract. This way, your family members will be aware of all your funeral wishes as well as from where money will come.
- There is no need to make the whole payment for the insurance at one slot. The costs are divided into installments which means you need to make small payments over a period of time. Depending upon your convenience you can make smaller monthly or annual payments toward your funeral fund. This way you do not have to worry about your monthly expenditures.
- It will give you a peace of mind by knowing that your funeral costs are already covered and at the time of your death your family members do not have to worry about expenses. Funeral is a time for mourning and definitely not the time when people have to worry about money.
In the US, there are different types of funeral insurance, and all the providers have their own set of policies and regulations. Depending upon the type of insurance and the provider, you can decide upon the amount of money you want to set aside, how the payments will be made, the list of beneficiaries, and even the way in which the funds can be used at the time of need. The entire concept of funeral insurance is to help you enjoy your life while you are alive.
To conclude, buying funeral insurance is a big step, and so you need to do your research work properly and discuss the same with your family members and close friends before making a final decision.