Memorials.com Remembering a Life Scholarship
Congratulations to Our 2019 Scholarship Winners!
Thank you to everyone who applied to the first ever Memorials.com Remembering a Life Scholarship. We were so excited to see so many submissions. We had over 300 submissions! Below are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the 2019 Scholarship. Congratulations to Breahna Francis,
1st Place - $2,500
Breahna Francis - Saint Hedwig, Texas
Graduate of East Central High School
College: Tyler Junior College
Memorials.com Scholarship Winner Remembering a Life
2nd Place - $1,000
Augie Bishop - Bridgeville, PA
Graduate of South Fayette High School
College: Miami - Ohio University
Memorials.com Scholarship Second Place Winner
3rd Place - $500
Vanessa Gaddam - Carol Stream, Illinois
Graduate of Glenbard North High School
College: University of Illinois at Chicago
2019 Scholarship Entry Details
Life is a journey worth celebrating and remembering. Since 2002, Memorials.com has been the market leader in helping people remember their loved ones with cremation urns, cremation jewelry, headstones and other affordable memorial products. Now, Memorials.com wants to help students remember the life of someone important in their lives as they take this important next step in their careers.
The Remembering a Life scholarship from Memorials.com will offer at least one $2,500 scholarship to an eligible college student planning to attend an accredited college for the 2019 school year.
Scholarship Amount: $2,500
Scholarship Type: Recurring annually
Number of Beneficiaries: At least one per year
Application Start Date: November 1, 2018
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Winner(s) Announced: July 15, 2019 - updated
- To apply, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Country of Residency
- Name of University / College you will attend
- Provide at least a 1,000 word essay remembering the life of someone who has died who has been important to you. The person you remember can be anyone who has affected your life in a positive way - be it a close family member or friend. Discuss how this person's departure has impacted your life and what you have learned from the experience.
- Please also include a short student bio and a picture of yourself. We will feature the scholarship winner on our website, Memorials.com.
- Please also send a copy of your high school or college transcript. Unofficial transcripts are accepted, but unofficial grade reports are not acceptable.
- To enter, you must submit your application via email no later than the deadline listed above. Incomplete applications or those that contain excessive grammatical errors will not be considered.
- You must be an incoming freshman or an existing college student in an accredited college or university or planning to enroll in the next 12 months.
- Only one application per student.
- Only students who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible.
- Employees of Memorials.com and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
- Memorials.com reserves the right to verify all information, including the date of high school graduation and school enrollment status.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Any taxes are solely the responsibility of the contest winner.
- All applications become the property of Memorials.com.
- GPA (must be 3.0 or higher).
- Content of essay, including creativity, clarity, and how well it addresses the topic.
- Letters of recommendation (three maximum).
- The winner will be chosen by the staff and owners of Memorials.com.
- The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to your college or university.