Memorials.com Remembering a Life Scholarship
2020 Scholarship Entry Details
Life is a journey worth celebrating and remembering. Since 2002, Memorials.com has been the market leader in helping people remember their loved ones with cremation urns, cremation jewelry, headstones and other affordable memorial products. Now, Memorials.com wants to help students remember the life of someone important in their lives as they take this important next step in their careers.
The Remembering a Life scholarship from Memorials.com will offer at least one $2,500 scholarship to an eligible college student planning to attend an accredited college for the 2020 school year.
Scholarship Amount: $2,500
Scholarship Type: Annually - New Winners Yearly
Number of Beneficiaries: At least one per year
Application Start Date: November 1, 2019
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
Winner(s) Announced: August 1, 2020
- To apply, please send one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the documents attached:
- In the e-mail:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Country of Residency
- Name of University / College you will attend
- Attach: A (at least) 1,000 word essay -- Remembering the Life of someone who has died who has been important to you. The person you remember can be anyone who has affected your life in a positive way - be it a close family member or friend. Discuss how this person's departure has impacted your life and what you have learned from the experience.
- Attach: Please also include a short student bio. We will feature the scholarship winner on our website, Memorials.com and our social media channels with a Picture.
- Attach: A picture of yourself
- Attach: Please also send a copy of your high school or college transcript. Unofficial transcripts are accepted, but unofficial grade reports are not acceptable.
- Attach: To enter, you must submit your application via email no later than the deadline listed above. Incomplete applications or those that contain excessive grammatical errors will not be considered.
- You must be an incoming freshman or an existing college student in an accredited college or university or planning to enroll in the next 12 months.
- Only one application per student.
- Only students who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible.
- Employees of Memorials.com and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
- Memorials.com reserves the right to verify all information, including the date of high school graduation and school enrollment status.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Any taxes are solely the responsibility of the contest winner.
- All applications become the property of Memorials.com.
- GPA (must be 3.0 or higher).
- Content of essay, including creativity, clarity, and how well it addresses the topic.
- The winner will be chosen by the staff and owners of Memorials.com.
- The check for the scholarship will be sent directly to your college or university.
- Letters of recommendation (two maximum).
Congratulations to Our 2019 Scholarship Winners!
See our 2019 Scholarship Winners here. Congratulations to all of our winners and we look forward to handing out more scholarships in 2020!